Friday, February 13, 2009

Player: Michael Lewis



Below is an emailed convo with a banker bretherin I'll call "Christopher" (Be sure to read the article by Lewis as well):

_____________________________________________
From: Me
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 9:10 AM
To: Christopher
Subject: bravo

This is an article I knew you would stand up from your chair and applaud.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&sid=aZruAW7s2eLI&refer=home

_____________________________________________
From: Christopher
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:15 AM
To: Me
Subject: RE: bravo

OMG. This dude is awesome. I love this man. He is exactly like me….it's crazy.

_____________________________________________
From: Me
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:29 AM
To: Christopher
Subject: RE: bravo

I take it by calling Michael Lewis from Liar's Poker 'this dude' you are not familiar. In case you haven't read Liar's Poker yet, it is the nonfiction account of Lewis's road to being a baller trader a 'Salmon' in the 80s. You cannot call yourself a banker having not read this. Like you would get laughed at in some circles not having read this so I hope you have (it's a quick read).
FYI, I have treated myself to bottle services this weekend. Not at "Big Poppa Club" but a perfectly reputable place.

_____________________________________________
From: Christopher
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:35 AM
To: Me
Subject: RE: bravo

Obviously I know who Michael Lewis is. And no I have not read "liar's Poker". I am glad to hear that you had bottle service…I assume the ladies were impressed. I will be treating myself and my wife to bottle service tonight at a club called "Hypnotize Club" in "Life After Death City." Should be nice. How is work coming? Mine is coming very well. A lot business out there for the taking, if you have the skills to take it. Also, where did you get bottle service and how much did it cost? If it was under $200 doesn't count.
F.Y.I.-I bought my wife a long haired, full length mink coat for valentines day at a silent auction. It's all good because I have a swap deal that I should close this quarter and the fee income will pay for it.
-M.B.T.S.- I changed it from M.B.P.*, because the new initials for the intuitively challenged mean-more baller than Sherman.

______________________________________________
From: Me
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2009 11:02 AM
To: Christopher
Subject:RE: bravo

Client and prospect meetings the next 5 of 6 business days. Have fun in a club with your wife. I would rather take my grandmother. I'm not worried about anyone fucking her and she doesn't care about me getting digits. Give me a call if you want to talk about bottle services this afternoon, but I assure you, it wasn't cheap.

Why buy a fur coat when clearly the winter is ending within a month? I would hate to see how you invest your money, or whatever is left.

Read Liar's Poker. You embarrass me.

______________________________________________

Christopher called earlier and we discussed our respective costs of bottle service. I told him I dropped $400 plus 20% gratiuity and taxes. He said 'nice' but then did not mention his cost. We also discussed the pros and cons of prostitutes and strippers.


*Originally, Major Banker Player

No comments:

Post a Comment